Consumer Packaged Goods
Calavo Growers, Inc. (CVGW) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Calavo Growers, Inc. (Calavo) is a provider of fresh food products. It is one of the leading distributers and marketers of avocados across the world. The company offers fresh produce products such as several varieties of avocados, papaya, tomato and pineapple. It also offers refrigerated hand prepared guacamoles. The company distributes its fresh and processed food products to supermarkets, restaurants, convenience stores, food distributors, and produce wholesalers, among others. The company procures avocados mainly from California, Mexico and Chile.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Key Facts 6
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Key Employees 7
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Key Employee Biographies 8
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Key Operational Employees 9
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Major Products and Services 10
Calavo Growers, Inc. – History 11
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Company Statement 13
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Joint Venture 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 17
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Business Description 17
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Corporate Strategy 18
Calavo Growers, Inc. – SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis – Overview 19
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Strengths 19
Strength – Competitive Position 19
Strength – Market Leading Producer: Avocados 19
Strength – Increasing Working Capital 19
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Weaknesses 20
Weakness – Higher Operating Costs Affecting Margins 20
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Opportunities 21
Opportunity – Growing Demand for Organic Foods and Avocado 21
Opportunity – New Business: FreshRealm, LLC 21
Opportunity – Global Economic Scenario 21
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Threats 22
Threat – Adverse Weather Conditions 22
Threat – Compliance with Government Regulations 22
Threat – Intense Competition 22
Threat – Issues in Supply Chain 22
Calavo Growers, Inc. – Key Competitors 23
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 29
Section 4 Appendix 30
Ratio Definitions 30
About GlobalData 34
Contact Us 34
List of Tables
Calavo Growers, Inc., Key Facts 6
Calavo Growers, Inc., Key Employees 7
Calavo Growers, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Calavo Growers, Inc., Key Operational Employees 9
Calavo Growers, Inc., Major Products and Services 10
Calavo Growers, Inc., History 11
Calavo Growers, Inc., Other Locations 15
Calavo Growers, Inc., Subsidiaries 15
Calavo Growers, Inc., Joint Venture 16
Calavo Growers, Inc., Key Competitors 23
Calavo Growers, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 24
Calavo Growers, Inc., Annual Ratios 25
Calavo Growers, Inc., Interim Ratios 28
Currency Codes 30
Capital Market Ratios 30
Equity Ratios 31
Profitability Ratios 31
Cost Ratios 32
Liquidity Ratios 32
Leverage Ratios 33
Efficiency Ratios 33
List of Figures
Calavo Growers, Inc., Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 27
Calavo Growers, Inc., Ratio Charts 29
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.