Harbinger Group Inc. (HRG) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Harbinger Group Inc. (HGI) is a diversified investment holding company. The company is focused on obtaining controlling equity stakes in companies that operate across a diversified set of industries and growing acquired businesses. In addition to acquiring controlling interests, HGI makes investments in debt instruments, acquires minority equity interests in companies. The company holds interests in companies active in consumer goods, life insurance, annuity, reinsurance, secured asset-base loans, conventional oil and gas assets businesses.
Harbinger Group Inc. Key Recent Developments
Feb 06, 2015 Harbinger Group Reports First Quarter Results
Nov 21, 2014 Harbinger Group Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2014 Results
Oct 10, 2014 Jaguar Resources Announces Additional Seismic and Drilling On Saskatchewan Oil Properties
Aug 08, 2014 Harbinger Group Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2014 Results
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Harbinger Group Inc. – Key Facts 6
Harbinger Group Inc. – Key Employees 7
Harbinger Group Inc. – Key Employee Biographies 8
Harbinger Group Inc. – Major Products and Services 9
Harbinger Group Inc. – History 11
Harbinger Group Inc. – Company Statement 12
Harbinger Group Inc. – Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 17
Harbinger Group Inc. – Business Description 17
Harbinger Group Inc. – Corporate Strategy 18
Harbinger Group Inc. – SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis – Overview 19
Harbinger Group Inc. – Strengths 19
Strength – Diversified Holdings 19
Strength – Presence in Niche Market 19
Harbinger Group Inc. – Weaknesses 20
Weakness – Declining Operational Performance 20
Harbinger Group Inc. – Opportunities 21
Opportunity – Strategic Growth Initiatives 21
Opportunity – Growing Pet Supplies Industry 21
Opportunity – Global Economic Outlook 21
Harbinger Group Inc. – Threats 22
Threat – Intense Competition 22
Threat – Lower Interest Rates 22
Harbinger Group Inc. – Key Competitors 23
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 28
Harbinger Group Inc., Recent Deals Summary 29
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 30
Feb 06, 2015: Harbinger Group Reports First Quarter Results 30
Nov 21, 2014: Harbinger Group Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2014 Results 36
Oct 10, 2014: Jaguar Resources Announces Additional Seismic and Drilling On Saskatchewan Oil Properties 41
Aug 08, 2014: Harbinger Group Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2014 Results 42
Jan 28, 2014: Matthew Grubb Appointed President and CEO of EXCO/HGI GP, LLC 45
Section 5 Appendix 46
Ratio Definitions 46
About GlobalData 50
Contact Us 50
List of Tables
Harbinger Group Inc., Key Facts 6
Harbinger Group Inc., Key Employees 7
Harbinger Group Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Harbinger Group Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Harbinger Group Inc., History 11
Harbinger Group Inc., Subsidiaries 16
Harbinger Group Inc., Key Competitors 23
Harbinger Group Inc., Ratios based on current share price 24
Harbinger Group Inc., Annual Ratios 25
Harbinger Group Inc., Interim Ratios 27
Harbinger Group Inc., Recent Deals Summary 29
Currency Codes 46
Capital Market Ratios 46
Equity Ratios 47
Profitability Ratios 47
Cost Ratios 48
Liquidity Ratios 48
Leverage Ratios 49
Efficiency Ratios 49
List of Figures
Harbinger Group Inc., Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 26
Harbinger Group Inc., Ratio Charts 28
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.