Business and Consumer Services
Matthews International Corporation (MATW) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Matthews International Corporation (Matthews) is a manufacturer and marketer of memorialization products and brand solutions. Its products include bronze memorials, granite memorials, caskets and cremation equipment. It offers its products to cemetery, funeral home and architectural industries. The company also offers a wide range of brand solutions such as graphics imaging products, marking products and merchandising solutions. It provides branding, product identification, traceability and compliance solutions for manufacturing and packaging operations across the world. Matthews operates through six business segments, namely, Cemetery Products, Funeral Home Products, Cremation, Graphics Imaging, Marking and Fulfillment Systems and Merchandising Solutions. It has operations in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Matthews is headquartered in Pennsylvania, the US.
As a part of the companys strategy, it plans to focus on expanding its portfolio of products and services for the warehouse management market.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Matthews International Corporation – Key Facts 6
Matthews International Corporation – Key Employees 7
Matthews International Corporation – Key Employee Biographies 8
Matthews International Corporation – Major Products and Services 9
Matthews International Corporation – History 10
Matthews International Corporation – Company Statement 11
Matthews International Corporation – Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 Company Analysis 14
Matthews International Corporation – Business Description 14
Matthews International Corporation – Corporate Strategy 15
Matthews International Corporation – SWOT Analysis 16
SWOT Analysis – Overview 16
Matthews International Corporation – Strengths 16
Strength – Presence across Memorialization Businesses 16
Strength – Increase in Brand Solutions Business Revenue 16
Strength – Leading Market Presence 16
Matthews International Corporation – Weaknesses 17
Weakness – Increase in Operating Expenses 17
Weakness – Decline in Funeral Home Products Segment Revenue 17
Matthews International Corporation – Opportunities 18
Opportunity – Focus on Development of New Products 18
Opportunity – Acquisition of Schawk 18
Opportunity – Increasing Geriatric Population 18
Matthews International Corporation – Threats 19
Threat – Volatility in Price Level 19
Threat – Improvements in the Healthcare Industry 19
Threat – Competitive Pressures 19
Matthews International Corporation – Key Competitors 20
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 21
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 21
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 22
Performance Chart 24
Financial Performance 24
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 25
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 26
Section 4 Appendix 27
Ratio Definitions 27
About GlobalData 31
Contact Us 31
List of Tables
Matthews International Corporation, Key Facts 6
Matthews International Corporation, Key Employees 7
Matthews International Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Matthews International Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Matthews International Corporation, History 10
Matthews International Corporation, Subsidiaries 13
Matthews International Corporation, Key Competitors 20
Matthews International Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 21
Matthews International Corporation, Annual Ratios 22
Matthews International Corporation, Interim Ratios 25
Currency Codes 27
Capital Market Ratios 27
Equity Ratios 28
Profitability Ratios 28
Cost Ratios 29
Liquidity Ratios 29
Leverage Ratios 30
Efficiency Ratios 30
List of Figures
Matthews International Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 24
Matthews International Corporation, Ratio Charts 26
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.