Agriculture and Forestry
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. (PCL) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. (Plum Creek) is a timberland owner. It owns and manages more than six million acres of timberland in 19 states in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Mississippi New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. It manufactures boards, studs, dimension lumber, high-quality plywood and MDF panels. The company sales higher value timberlands and non-strategic timberlands. The company also has rights in non-timber natural resources. Plum Creek is headquartered in Seattle, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
– About the Company 6
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Key Facts 6
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Key Employees 7
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Key Employee Biographies 9
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Major Products and Services 10
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – History 11
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Company Statement 14
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Company Analysis 18
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Business Description 18
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Corporate Strategy 19
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis – Overview 20
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Strengths 20
Strength – Business Performance: Timber Segment 20
Strength – Long-term Log Supply Agreements 20
Strength – Prime Market Player 20
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Weaknesses 21
Weakness – Business Performance: Real Estate Segment 21
Weakness – Net Working Capital Deficit 21
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Opportunities 22
Opportunity – Strategic Acquisitions 22
Opportunity – Growth in Demand for Wood Products: the US 22
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Threats 23
Threat – Governmental Regulatory Changes 23
Threat – Decline in Supply of Timber 23
Threat – Competition 23
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc. – Key Competitors 24
Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 30
Ratio Definitions 31
About GlobalData 35
Contact Us 35
List of Tables
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Key Facts 6
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Key Employees 7
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 9
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Major Products and Services 10
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., History 11
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Subsidiaries 17
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Key Competitors 24
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 25
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Annual Ratios 26
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Interim Ratios 29
Currency Codes 31
Capital Market Ratios 31
Equity Ratios 32
Profitability Ratios 32
Cost Ratios 33
Liquidity Ratios 33
Leverage Ratios 34
Efficiency Ratios 34
List of Figures
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 28
Plum Creek Timber Company, Inc., Ratio Charts 30
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.