Consumer Packaged Goods
Select Comfort Corporation (SCSS) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Select Comfort Corporation (Select Comfort) is a consumer products retailing company. The company offers bedding products. It designs, manufactures, markets and distributes adjustable-firmness beds and other sleep-related accessory products. Select Comfort also offers specialty pillows, comforters, mattress pads, sheets and leg options. The company operates through its company-owned stores located across the US. It has production and distribution facilities in Utah and South Carolina. The company markets its products through distribution channels including retail, direct marketing, wholesale and e-commerce. Select Comfort is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Select Comfort Corporation – Key Facts 6
Select Comfort Corporation – Key Employees 7
Select Comfort Corporation – Key Employee Biographies 8
Select Comfort Corporation – Major Products and Services 9
Select Comfort Corporation – History 10
Select Comfort Corporation – Company Statement 11
Select Comfort Corporation – Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 Company Analysis 15
Select Comfort Corporation – Business Description 15
Select Comfort Corporation – SWOT Analysis 16
SWOT Analysis – Overview 16
Select Comfort Corporation – Strengths 16
Strength – Focus on Branding 16
Strength – Strong operating performance 16
Strength – Strong distribution network 16
Select Comfort Corporation – Weaknesses 17
Weakness – Weak liquidity position 17
Select Comfort Corporation – Opportunities 18
Opportunity – Recovering economy 18
Opportunity – Recovery in bedding industry 18
Opportunity – Strategic growth initiatives 18
Select Comfort Corporation – Threats 19
Threat – Changing consumer preferences 19
Threat – Sourcing risk 19
Threat – Lawsuits 19
Select Comfort Corporation – Key Competitors 20
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 21
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 21
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 22
Performance Chart 23
Financial Performance 23
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 25
Select Comfort Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 26
Section 4 Appendix 27
Ratio Definitions 27
About GlobalData 31
Contact Us 31
List of Tables
Select Comfort Corporation, Key Facts 6
Select Comfort Corporation, Key Employees 7
Select Comfort Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
Select Comfort Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
Select Comfort Corporation, History 10
Select Comfort Corporation, Subsidiaries 14
Select Comfort Corporation, Key Competitors 20
Select Comfort Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 21
Select Comfort Corporation, Annual Ratios 22
Select Comfort Corporation, Interim Ratios 24
Select Comfort Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 26
Currency Codes 27
Capital Market Ratios 27
Equity Ratios 28
Profitability Ratios 28
Cost Ratios 29
Liquidity Ratios 29
Leverage Ratios 30
Efficiency Ratios 30
List of Figures
Select Comfort Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 23
Select Comfort Corporation, Ratio Charts 25
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.