Paper and Packaging
Tembec Inc. (TMB) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Tembec Inc. (Tembec) is an integrated forest products company. It produces and markets forest pulp and paper products. The company manufactures lumber, paper pulp, paper and specialty cellulose pulp. Its product portfolio includes a range of commodity and value-added forest products, such as softwood lumber, hardwood lumber, hardwood flooring, pine lumber, and finger jointed lumber; high yield pulp; cellulose ethers, nitrocellulose, cellulose acetates and microcrystalline cellulose; resins and lignosulfonates. The company also manufactures coated bleached paper and newsprint paper. Tembecs products find applications in general construction, pharmaceuticals, food products, tissue and toweling, paints, lacquers, commercial printing and publishing, among others. It operates in North America and France. Tembec is headquartered in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Tembec Inc. Key Recent Developments
Sep 23, 2013: Tembec announces additional funding for Specialty Cellulose project at its Temiscaming, Quebec site
Aug 01, 2013: Tembec reports financial results for its third quarter ended June 29, 2013
Apr 29, 2013: Tembec Reports Revenue Of CAD407m In Q2 Fiscal 2013
Jan 31, 2013: Tembec Reports Revenue Of CAD376m In Q1 Fiscal 2013
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Tembec Inc. – Key Facts 6
Tembec Inc. – Key Employees 7
Tembec Inc. – Key Employee Biographies 8
Tembec Inc. – Major Products and Services 9
Tembec Inc. – History 10
Tembec Inc. – Company Statement 12
Tembec Inc. – Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 Company Analysis 16
Tembec Inc. – Business Description 16
Tembec Inc. – Corporate Strategy 17
Tembec Inc. – SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis – Overview 18
Tembec Inc. – Strengths 18
Strength – Core Segment: Specialty Cellulose Pulp 18
Strength – Integrated Business 18
Strength – Multiple End Markets 18
Strength – Operational Capabilities 18
Tembec Inc. – Weaknesses 20
Weakness – Decline in Hardwood High-Yield Pulp Shipments 20
Tembec Inc. – Opportunities 21
Opportunity – Growing Paint and Coating Industry 21
Opportunity – Strategic Investments 21
Opportunity – Growing Global Packaging Industry 21
Tembec Inc. – Threats 22
Threat – Intense Competition 22
Threat – Dependence on Fiber 22
Threat – Stringent Environmental Regulations 22
Tembec Inc. – Key Competitors 23
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 28
Section 4 Appendix 29
Ratio Definitions 29
About GlobalData 33
Contact Us 33
List of Tables
Tembec Inc., Key Facts 6
Tembec Inc., Key Employees 7
Tembec Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
Tembec Inc., Major Products and Services 9
Tembec Inc., History 10
Tembec Inc., Other Locations 14
Tembec Inc., Subsidiaries 14
Tembec Inc., Key Competitors 23
Tembec Inc., Ratios based on current share price 24
Tembec Inc., Annual Ratios 25
Tembec Inc., Interim Ratios 27
Currency Codes 29
Capital Market Ratios 29
Equity Ratios 30
Profitability Ratios 30
Cost Ratios 31
Liquidity Ratios 31
Leverage Ratios 32
Efficiency Ratios 32
List of Figures
Tembec Inc., Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 26
Tembec Inc., Ratio Charts 28
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.