The Laclede Group, Inc. (LG) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The Laclede Group, Inc. (Laclede Group) is a public utility holding company, which carries out the sale, marketing and retail distribution of natural gas in Missouri and Alabama. It principally operates in the City of St. Louis and counties around eastern Missouri. The company’s gas utility activities are carried out through its subsidiaries, Laclede Gas Company, Missouri Gas Energy and Alabama Gas Corporation which serve a large base of residential, commercial and industrial customers. It also provides non-regulated natural gas services through Laclede Energy Resources, Inc. (LER), a wholly owned subsidiary.
The Laclede Group, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Mar 11, 2015 Ken Smith Named President Of Alagasco
Feb 18, 2015 Alagasco President And COO Dudley Reynolds To Retire
Feb 04, 2015 The Laclede Group Reports First Quarter Results
Nov 20, 2014 The Laclede Group Raises Dividend By 4.5 Percent
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Key Facts 6
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Key Employees 7
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Key Employee Biographies 8
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Major Products and Services 9
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Key Operational Summary 10
The Laclede Group, Inc. – History 11
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Company Statement 13
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 Company Analysis 15
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Business Description 15
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Corporate Strategy 16
The Laclede Group, Inc. – SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis – Overview 17
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Strengths 17
Strength – Market Position 17
Strength – Strong Financial Performance 17
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Weaknesses 18
Weakness – Debt Obligations 18
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Opportunities 19
Opportunity – Strategic Acquisitions 19
Opportunity – Evolving Metering Technology 19
Opportunity – Demand for Natural Gas 19
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Threats 20
Threat – Competitive Environment 20
Threat – Stringent Regulations 20
Threat – Operational Risks 20
The Laclede Group, Inc. – Key Competitors 21
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 24
Financial Performance 24
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 25
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 26
The Laclede Group, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 27
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 28
Mar 11, 2015: Ken Smith Named President Of Alagasco 28
Feb 18, 2015: Alagasco President And COO Dudley Reynolds To Retire 29
Feb 04, 2015: The Laclede Group Reports First Quarter Results 30
Nov 20, 2014: The Laclede Group Raises Dividend By 4.5 Percent 32
Nov 20, 2014: Spire Offers New Choice For Natural Gas Fueling In Upstate South Carolina 33
Aug 07, 2014: The Laclede Group Reports Third Quarter Results 34
Aug 01, 2014: The Laclede Group Elects Maria Fogarty to Its Board of Directors 37
Jul 31, 2014: The Laclede Group Declares Dividend 38
Jun 12, 2014: The Laclede Group Debuts First Spire Natural Gas Fueling Station 39
Apr 29, 2014: The Laclede Group Reports Second Quarter Results 40
Section 5 Appendix 43
Ratio Definitions 43
About GlobalData 47
Contact Us 48
List of Tables
The Laclede Group, Inc., Key Facts 6
The Laclede Group, Inc., Key Employees 7
The Laclede Group, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
The Laclede Group, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
The Laclede Group, Inc., Key Operational Summary, 2011 10
The Laclede Group, Inc., History 11
The Laclede Group, Inc., Subsidiaries 14
The Laclede Group, Inc., Key Competitors 21
The Laclede Group, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 22
The Laclede Group, Inc., Annual Ratios 23
The Laclede Group, Inc., Interim Ratios 25
The Laclede Group, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 27
Currency Codes 43
Capital Market Ratios 43
Equity Ratios 44
Profitability Ratios 44
Cost Ratios 45
Liquidity Ratios 45
Leverage Ratios 46
Efficiency Ratios 46
List of Figures
The Laclede Group, Inc., Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 24
The Laclede Group, Inc., Ratio Charts 26
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.