The Mosaic Company (MOS) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The Mosaic Company (Mosaic) is one of the leading global manufacturers and distributors of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. It supplies integrated phosphate and potash-based crop nutrients, and animal feed ingredients to the global agricultural markets. These products find applications as agricultural fertilizers, for the manufacture of mixed crop nutrients, de-icing agents, and as water softener regenerant. The company owns and operates mines and production facilities for the supply of finished phosphate products, and potash in Florida, Louisiana, Saskatchewan and New Mexico. It also has other production, blending or distribution facilities in Brazil, China, India, and Paraguay. Further, the company invests in a phosphate rock mine in the Bayovar, Peru and a joint venture to develop a phosphate rock mine and chemical complexes in Saudi Arabia. It serves crop nutrient manufacturers and industrial clients in more than 40 countries across North and South Americas, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. Mosaic is headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, US.
The company focuses on strategic expansion of its manufacturing and distribution capabilities across Brazil and Paraguay. To this end, Mosaic acquired Archer Daniels Midland Company’s (ADMs) fertilizer distribution business.
The Mosaic Company Key Recent Developments
Nov 05, 2013: The Mosaic Company Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results
Nov 04, 2013: Mosaic To Present At Upcoming Investor Conferences
Oct 15, 2013: Mosaic Announces Third Quarter Calendar Year 2013 Earnings Release And Conference Call
Oct 04, 2013: Mosaic Announces Quarterly Dividend of $0.25 Per Share
Oct 03, 2013: Tim Gitzel Elected To Board Of Directors Of The Mosaic Company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
The Mosaic Company – Key Facts 6
The Mosaic Company – Key Employees 7
The Mosaic Company – Key Employee Biographies 8
The Mosaic Company – Major Products and Services 9
The Mosaic Company – History 10
The Mosaic Company – Company Statement 12
The Mosaic Company – Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 Company Analysis 16
The Mosaic Company – Business Description 16
The Mosaic Company – Corporate Strategy 17
The Mosaic Company – SWOT Analysis 18
SWOT Analysis – Overview 18
The Mosaic Company – Strengths 18
Strength – Strong Presence: Global Fertilizers Market 18
Strength – Growth through Acquisitions 18
Strength – Substantial Phosphate Reserves 18
The Mosaic Company – Weaknesses 19
Weakness – Cost Control 19
Weakness – Poor Liquidity 19
The Mosaic Company – Opportunities 20
Opportunity – Business Expansion Initiatives 20
Opportunity – Positive Outlook: Global Fertilizer Demand 20
Opportunity – Phosphate Outlook 20
The Mosaic Company – Threats 21
Threat – Production Curtails due to High Raw Material Costs 21
Threat – Limited Number of Key Production and Distribution Facilities 21
Threat – Competition from Crop Nutrients Manufacturers 21
The Mosaic Company – Key Competitors 22
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 23
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 23
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 24
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 28
The Mosaic Company, Recent Deals Summary 29
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 30
Dec 18, 2014: Mosaic Announces Quarterly Dividend Of $0.25 Per Share 30
Oct 30, 2014: The Mosaic Company Reports Third Quarter 2014 Results 31
Oct 17, 2014: Mosaic Announces Quarterly Dividend Of $0.25 Per Share 34
Aug 14, 2014: Mosaic Announces Quarterly Dividend Of $0.25 Per Share 35
Jul 31, 2014: The Mosaic Company Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results 36
Jun 11, 2014: Mosaic Launches to Residential Installers with Expansion of Home Solar Loan Program 39
May 20, 2014: Denise Johnson Elected To Board Of Directors Of The Mosaic Company 40
May 15, 2014: Mosaic Announces Quarterly Dividend Of $0.25 Per Share 41
May 06, 2014: The Mosaic Company Reports First Quarter 2014 Results 42
Feb 11, 2014: The Mosaic Company Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2013 Results 45
Section 5 Appendix 47
Ratio Definitions 47
About GlobalData 51
Contact Us 51
List of Tables
The Mosaic Company, Key Facts 6
The Mosaic Company, Key Employees 7
The Mosaic Company, Key Employee Biographies 8
The Mosaic Company, Major Products and Services 9
The Mosaic Company, History 10
The Mosaic Company, Subsidiaries 14
The Mosaic Company, Key Competitors 22
The Mosaic Company, Ratios based on current share price 23
The Mosaic Company, Annual Ratios 24
The Mosaic Company, Interim Ratios 27
The Mosaic Company, Recent Deals Summary 29
Currency Codes 47
Capital Market Ratios 47
Equity Ratios 48
Profitability Ratios 48
Cost Ratios 49
Liquidity Ratios 49
Leverage Ratios 50
Efficiency Ratios 50
List of Figures
The Mosaic Company, Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 26
The Mosaic Company, Ratio Charts 28
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.