The Valspar Corporation (VAL) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
The Valspar Corporation (Valspar) is a paint and coatings manufacturer. The company develops, manufactures and distributes a broad range of coatings, paints and related products worldwide. It also manufactures and sells specialty polymers and colorants, besides it markets furniture protection plans, and furniture care and repair products. Valspar sells its products through distribution network including paint dealers and mass merchants in the US, retail outlets in China and home centers like Lowes under several brands including Valspar, Cabot, De Beer, House of Kolor, Plasti-Kote, Huarun, Guardsman and Octoral.
The Valspar Corporation Key Recent Developments
Dec 01, 2014 Valspar Names Les H. Ireland Executive Vice President And President Global Consumer Paint
Nov 25, 2014 Valspar Reports Fiscal 2014 Fourth Quarter And Full Year Results
Nov 25, 2014 Valspar Announces $1.5 Billion Share Repurchase Program And 15% Dividend Increase
Aug 19, 2014 Valspar Declares Quarterly Dividend
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
– About the Company 6
The Valspar Corporation – Key Facts 6
The Valspar Corporation – Key Employees 7
The Valspar Corporation – Key Employee Biographies 8
The Valspar Corporation – Major Products and Services 9
The Valspar Corporation – History 10
The Valspar Corporation – Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
The Valspar Corporation – Key Manufacturing Facilities 16
Company Analysis 17
The Valspar Corporation – Business Description 17
The Valspar Corporation – Corporate Strategy 18
The Valspar Corporation – SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis – Overview 19
The Valspar Corporation – Strengths 19
Strength – Strong Operating Network 19
Strength – Major Support Coatings 19
The Valspar Corporation – Weaknesses 20
Weakness – Customer Concentration 20
Weakness – Weak Liquidity Position 20
The Valspar Corporation – Opportunities 21
Opportunity – Eco-friendly Materials Offer Opportunities 21
Opportunity – Increasing Opportunities in Emerging Markets 21
Opportunity – Increasing Demand for Paints & Coatings 21
Opportunity – Acquisition of Madison Chemicals 21
The Valspar Corporation – Threats 22
Threat – Environment Regulations 22
Threat – Increase in Price of Raw Materials 22
Threat – Intense Competition 22
The Valspar Corporation – Key Competitors 23
Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 27
Financial Performance 27
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 28
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 29
Companys Recent Developments 30
Dec 01, 2014: Valspar Names Les H. Ireland Executive Vice President And President Global Consumer Paint 30
Nov 25, 2014: Valspar Reports Fiscal 2014 Fourth Quarter And Full Year Results 31
Nov 25, 2014: Valspar Announces $1.5 Billion Share Repurchase Program And 15% Dividend Increase 32
Aug 19, 2014: Valspar Declares Quarterly Dividend 33
Aug 12, 2014: Valspar Reports Fiscal 2014 Third Quarter Results 34
May 19, 2014: Valspar Declares Quarterly Dividend 35
May 19, 2014: Valspar Reports Fiscal 2014 Second-Quarter Results 36
Feb 19, 2014: Valspar Declares Quarterly Dividend 37
Feb 12, 2014: Valspar Reports Fiscal 2014 First-Quarter Results 38
Jan 17, 2014: Valspar Announces Release Date, Conference Call and Webcast for Fiscal 2014 First Quarter Results 39
Ratio Definitions 40
About GlobalData 44
Contact Us 44
List of Tables
The Valspar Corporation, Key Facts 6
The Valspar Corporation, Key Employees 7
The Valspar Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
The Valspar Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
The Valspar Corporation, History 10
The Valspar Corporation, Other Locations 13
The Valspar Corporation, Subsidiaries 13
The Valspar Corporation, Key Manufacturing Facilities 16
The Valspar Corporation, Key Competitors 23
The Valspar Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 24
The Valspar Corporation, Annual Ratios 25
The Valspar Corporation, Interim Ratios 28
Currency Codes 40
Capital Market Ratios 40
Equity Ratios 41
Profitability Ratios 41
Cost Ratios 42
Liquidity Ratios 42
Leverage Ratios 43
Efficiency Ratios 43
List of Figures
The Valspar Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 27
The Valspar Corporation, Ratio Charts 29
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.