Transport and Logistics
United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) is an express carrier and package delivery company. It is a global provider of supply chain management solutions, which provides a wide range of specialized transportation, capital, e-commerce services, logistics and freight services through air, sea, ground and rail. The company also provides freight forwarding, international trade management, customs brokerage, financing and specialty services through a fleet of around 106,000 vehicles. Furthermore, UPS offers value added services such as the UPS stores, mail boxes, customer centers, and drop boxes. It operates through three reportable segments, namely, U.S. Domestic Package operations; International Package operations; and Supply Chain and Freight operations. The company has its operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America; and offers its services to more than 220 countries and territories across the world. UPS is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the US.
The company as part of its business strategy focuses on expanding its integrated global network and service portfolio. In line with this the company has expanded its special commodities program to more countries, which enhances its global transportation network to move biological specimens from and to more than 50 countries around the world,
United Parcel Service, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Apr 23, 2013: Pivotal LNG To Supply LNG To United Parcel Service Facilities In Tennessee
Mar 29, 2013: UPS Agrees To Forfeit $40m In Payments From Illicit Online Pharmacies For Shipping Services
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Key Facts 6
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Key Employees 7
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Key Employee Biographies 8
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Major Products and Services 9
United Parcel Service, Inc. – History 10
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Company Statement 15
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 Company Analysis 18
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Business Description 18
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Corporate Strategy 19
United Parcel Service, Inc. – SWOT Analysis 20
SWOT Analysis – Overview 20
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Strengths 20
Strength – Volume Growth 20
Strength – Market Position: Packaging Delivery 20
Strength – Comprehensive Technologies 20
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Weaknesses 21
Weakness – Operational Inefficiency 21
Weakness – Illegal Shipping Issues 21
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Opportunities 22
Opportunity – Growing Freight Transportation Industry 22
Opportunity – Strategic Initiatives 22
Opportunity – Strategic Acquisitions 22
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Threats 23
Threat – Competitive Environment 23
Threat – Stringent Regulations 23
Threat – Foreign Currency Fluctuations 23
United Parcel Service, Inc. – Key Competitors 24
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 25
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 25
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 26
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 30
United Parcel Service, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 4 Appendix 32
Ratio Definitions 32
About GlobalData 36
Contact Us 36
List of Tables
United Parcel Service, Inc., Key Facts 6
United Parcel Service, Inc., Key Employees 7
United Parcel Service, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
United Parcel Service, Inc., Major Products and Services 9
United Parcel Service, Inc., History 10
United Parcel Service, Inc., Subsidiaries 16
United Parcel Service, Inc., Key Competitors 24
United Parcel Service, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 25
United Parcel Service, Inc., Annual Ratios 26
United Parcel Service, Inc., Interim Ratios 29
United Parcel Service, Inc., Recent Deals Summary 31
Currency Codes 32
Capital Market Ratios 32
Equity Ratios 33
Profitability Ratios 33
Cost Ratios 34
Liquidity Ratios 34
Leverage Ratios 35
Efficiency Ratios 35
List of Figures
United Parcel Service, Inc., Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 28
United Parcel Service, Inc., Ratio Charts 30
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.