Industrial Goods and Machinery
United Technologies Corporation (UTX) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a provider of high-technology products and services to the aerospace and building systems industries. The companys building systems products portfolio include elevators and escalators, moving walkways, heating, ventilating, air conditioning (HVAC) and refrigeration systems, fire and special hazard detection and suppression systems, and aerospace products. It also offers aerospace products include helicopters for both military and commercial purposes, and aftermarket parts and services for aircrafts. UTC operates its business in five business segments, namely, Otis, UTC Climate, Controls & Security, Pratt & Whitney, UTC Aerospace Systems and Sikorsky. The company has its operational presence across Latin America, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. UTC is headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, the US.
The company strategizes expansion of its operational and geographical presence through acquisitions and associations with market leading companies across the world. To this end, the company UTX and Toshiba Corporation entered into an agreement to form a joint venture, Toshiba Carrier Corporation to enhance its growth in HVAC solutions.
United Technologies Corporation Key Recent Developments
Apr 23, 2013: United Technologies Reports Revenue Of $14.4 Billion In Q1 2013
Jan 23, 2013: United Technologies Reports Revenue Of $57.7 Billion In 2012
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
United Technologies Corporation – Key Facts 6
United Technologies Corporation – Key Employees 7
United Technologies Corporation – Key Employee Biographies 8
United Technologies Corporation – Major Products and Services 9
United Technologies Corporation – History 11
United Technologies Corporation – Company Statement 16
United Technologies Corporation – Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 Company Analysis 19
United Technologies Corporation – Business Description 19
United Technologies Corporation – Corporate Strategy 21
United Technologies Corporation – SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis – Overview 22
United Technologies Corporation – Strengths 22
Strength – Presence across Building Industry 22
Strength – Increased Sikorsky Segment Revenues 22
Strength – Robust Research & Development Capabilities 22
United Technologies Corporation – Weaknesses 23
Weakness – Contract Breach Concerns 23
Weakness – Product Recalls 23
United Technologies Corporation – Opportunities 24
Opportunity – New Contracts 24
Opportunity – Growing Demand for Aircraft 24
Opportunity – TERI Partnership 24
United Technologies Corporation – Threats 25
Threat – Foreign Currency Fluctuations 25
Threat – Increased Production Cost 25
Threat – Government Contract Terminations 25
United Technologies Corporation – Key Competitors 26
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 32
United Technologies Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 33
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 34
Dec 17, 2014: TERI and UTC Set up Center of Excellence for Energy Efficient Buildings in India 34
Nov 21, 2014: NORESCO Selected for $43 Million Energy Infrastructure Project at U.S. Army’s Fort Jackson Training Center 36
Jan 27, 2014: US Hybrid Executes Global Fuel Cell Technology Licensing Agreement With United Technologies 37
Section 5 Appendix 38
Ratio Definitions 38
About GlobalData 42
Contact Us 42
List of Tables
United Technologies Corporation, Key Facts 6
United Technologies Corporation, Key Employees 7
United Technologies Corporation, Key Employee Biographies 8
United Technologies Corporation, Major Products and Services 9
United Technologies Corporation, History 11
United Technologies Corporation, Other Locations 17
United Technologies Corporation, Subsidiaries 17
United Technologies Corporation, Key Competitors 26
United Technologies Corporation, Ratios based on current share price 27
United Technologies Corporation, Annual Ratios 28
United Technologies Corporation, Interim Ratios 31
United Technologies Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 33
Currency Codes 38
Capital Market Ratios 38
Equity Ratios 39
Profitability Ratios 39
Cost Ratios 40
Liquidity Ratios 40
Leverage Ratios 41
Efficiency Ratios 41
List of Figures
United Technologies Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 30
United Technologies Corporation, Ratio Charts 32
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.