Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare
VCA Inc. (WOOF) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Key manufacturing facilities A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
VCA Inc. (VCA), formerly VCA Antech, Inc is a leading national animal healthcare company. It provides veterinary services and diagnostic testing to support veterinary care. The company trades diagnostic imaging equipment, other medical technology products and related services to the veterinary market. It also offers a range of communication, marketing solutions and other services to the veterinary community. It offers its services in the US through a nationwide clinical laboratory system and several free-standing animal hospitals.
VCA Inc. Key Recent Developments
Apr 24, 2014 VCA Antech Reports First Quarter 2014 Results
Feb 13, 2014 VCA Antech Reports Fourth Quarter 2013 Results and Provides Financial Guidance for 2014
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Section 1 – About the Company 6
VCA Inc. – Key Facts 6
VCA Inc. – Key Employees 7
VCA Inc. – Key Employee Biographies 8
VCA Inc. – Major Products and Services 9
VCA Inc. – History 10
VCA Inc. – Company Statement 11
VCA Inc. – Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 Company Analysis 15
VCA Inc. – Business Description 15
VCA Inc. – Corporate Strategy 16
VCA Inc. – SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis – Overview 17
VCA Inc. – Strengths 17
Strength – Market Leadership 17
Strength – Operational Network 17
Strength – Marketing Efforts 17
VCA Inc. – Weaknesses 18
Weakness – Decline in Bottom-Line 18
VCA Inc. – Opportunities 19
Opportunity – Growing Veterinary Market 19
Opportunity – Highly Fragmented Market 19
Opportunity – Strategic Acquisitions 19
VCA Inc. – Threats 20
Threat – Competitive Environment 20
Threat – Government Regulations 20
Threat – Involvement in Legal Proceedings 20
VCA Inc. – Key Competitors 21
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 24
Financial Performance 24
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 25
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 26
Section 4 Companys Recent Developments 27
Apr 24, 2014: VCA Antech Reports First Quarter 2014 Results 27
Feb 13, 2014: VCA Antech Reports Fourth Quarter 2013 Results and Provides Financial Guidance for 2014 28
Section 5 Appendix 30
Ratio Definitions 30
About GlobalData 34
Contact Us 34
List of Tables
VCA Inc., Key Facts 6
VCA Inc., Key Employees 7
VCA Inc., Key Employee Biographies 8
VCA Inc., Major Products and Services 9
VCA Inc., History 10
VCA Inc., Other Locations 13
VCA Inc., Subsidiaries 13
VCA Inc., Key Competitors 21
VCA Inc., Ratios based on current share price 22
VCA Inc., Annual Ratios 23
VCA Inc., Interim Ratios 25
Currency Codes 30
Capital Market Ratios 30
Equity Ratios 31
Profitability Ratios 31
Cost Ratios 32
Liquidity Ratios 32
Leverage Ratios 33
Efficiency Ratios 33
List of Figures
VCA Inc., Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 24
VCA Inc., Ratio Charts 26
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.