Technology and Communications
VeriSign, Inc. (VRSN) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT Analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
– Detailed financial ratios for the past five years The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
– Interim ratios for the last five interim periods The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
VeriSign, Inc. (VeriSign) is a provider of Internet infrastructure services. The company provides domain name registry services and infrastructure assurance services. Its key services include registry services and network intelligence and availability (NIA) services. Registry services operate the authoritative directory of all .com, .net, .cc, .tv, and .name domain names and the back-end systems for all .jobs and .edu domain names. NIA Services provides infrastructure assurance to organizations and is consisted of Verisign iDefense Security Intelligence Services, Managed Domain Name System Services and Distributed Denial of Service mitigation. The company manages two of the world’s 13 Internet root servers, a.root-servers.net. VeriSign is headquartered in Virginia, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
– The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
– The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
– Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
– Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
– Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
List of Figures 4
Section 1 – About the Company 5
VeriSign, Inc. – Key Facts 5
VeriSign, Inc. – Key Employees 6
VeriSign, Inc. – Key Employee Biographies 7
VeriSign, Inc. – Major Products and Services 8
VeriSign, Inc. – History 9
VeriSign, Inc. – Company Statement 12
VeriSign, Inc. – Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 Company Analysis 17
VeriSign, Inc. – Business Description 17
VeriSign, Inc. – Corporate Strategy 18
VeriSign, Inc. – SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis – Overview 19
VeriSign, Inc. – Strengths 19
Strength – Operating Efficiency 19
Strength – Unique Offerings 19
VeriSign, Inc. – Weaknesses 20
Weakness – Limited Liquidity Position 20
VeriSign, Inc. – Opportunities 21
Opportunity – Increasing Online Fraud 21
Opportunity – Growth in Domain Names 21
Opportunity – Global Economic Outlook 21
VeriSign, Inc. – Threats 22
Threat – Stringent Regulations 22
Threat – Changing Technologies 22
Threat – Stiff Competition 22
VeriSign, Inc. – Key Competitors 23
Section 3 Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 28
Section 4 Appendix 29
Ratio Definitions 29
About GlobalData 33
Contact Us 33
List of Tables
VeriSign, Inc., Key Facts 5
VeriSign, Inc., Key Employees 6
VeriSign, Inc., Key Employee Biographies 7
VeriSign, Inc., Major Products and Services 8
VeriSign, Inc., History 9
VeriSign, Inc., Subsidiaries 15
VeriSign, Inc., Key Competitors 23
VeriSign, Inc., Ratios based on current share price 24
VeriSign, Inc., Annual Ratios 25
VeriSign, Inc., Interim Ratios 27
Currency Codes 29
Capital Market Ratios 29
Equity Ratios 30
Profitability Ratios 30
Cost Ratios 31
Liquidity Ratios 31
Leverage Ratios 32
Efficiency Ratios 32
List of Figures
VeriSign, Inc., Performance Chart (2010 – 2014) 26
VeriSign, Inc., Ratio Charts 28
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.