Western Area Power Administration – Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the companys history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the companys key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
– Business description A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
– Corporate strategy GlobalDatas summarization of the companys business strategy.
– SWOT analysis A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
– Company history Progression of key events associated with the company.
– Major products and services A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
– Key competitors A list of key competitors to the company.
– Key employees A list of the key executives of the company.
– Executive biographies A brief summary of the executives employment history.
– Key operational heads A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
– Important locations and subsidiaries A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Western Area Power Administration (Western) is a federal agency under the US Department of Energy (DOE). It markets, distributes and transmits electric power. The agency transmits power from power plants operated by the Bureau of Reclamation, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, International Boundary and Water Commission and Navajo Generating Station coal-fired plant. Western sells wholesale power to a wide range of customers including municipalities, cooperatives, public utility and irrigation districts, federal and state agencies, investor-owned utilities and native American tribes, among others. The administration serves customers in the 15 western and central states of the US.
Western Area Power Administration Key Recent Developments
Dec 30, 2014 South Dakota Family Patriarch Builds Grid-connected Wind Farm on Family Ranch
Dec 18, 2014 Western announces final Boulder Canyon Project power allocation
Dec 05, 2014 Western joins transformer sharing program
Dec 03, 2014 Casey named Western’s Power Marketing Advisor
Nov 24, 2014 FERC Approves Fourth Settlement in 2011 Southwest Blackout Case
Reasons to Buy
– Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
– Identify potential customers and suppliers with this reports analysis of the companys business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
– Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies with GlobalDatas detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the companys core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
– Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this reports detailed insight into the companys strategic, business and operational performance.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Table of Contents
Western Area Power Administration – Key Facts 5
Western Area Power Administration – Key Employees 6
Western Area Power Administration – Key Employee Biographies 7
Western Area Power Administration – Key Operational Employees 8
Western Area Power Administration – Major Products and Services 9
Western Area Power Administration – History 10
Western Area Power Administration – Company Statement 12
Western Area Power Administration – Locations And Subsidiaries 13
Head Office 13
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 13
Section 2 Company Analysis 14
Western Area Power Administration – Business Description 14
Western Area Power Administration – Corporate Strategy 15
Western Area Power Administration – SWOT Analysis 16
SWOT Analysis – Overview 16
Western Area Power Administration – Strengths 16
Strength – Diverse Set of Customers 16
Strength – Operational Network 16
Western Area Power Administration – Weaknesses 17
Weakness – Aging of Electrical Equipment 17
Weakness – Capital Funding 17
Western Area Power Administration – Opportunities 18
Opportunity – Renewable Energy Market 18
Opportunity – Increasing Demand for Electricity: the US 18
Opportunity – Asset Management 18
Western Area Power Administration – Threats 19
Threat – Compliance with Regulations 19
Threat – Limitations Due to Seasonality 19
Threat – Aging of Workforce 19
Western Area Power Administration – Key Competitors 20
Section 3 Companys Recent Developments 21
Dec 30, 2014: South Dakota Family Patriarch Builds Grid-connected Wind Farm on Family Ranch 21
Dec 18, 2014: Western announces final Boulder Canyon Project power allocation 22
Dec 05, 2014: Western joins transformer sharing program 23
Dec 03, 2014: Casey named Western’s Power Marketing Advisor 24
Nov 24, 2014: FERC Approves Fourth Settlement in 2011 Southwest Blackout Case 25
Nov 12, 2014: FERC approves Integrated System joining SPP 26
Oct 02, 2014: Western selects Senior Vice President and Desert Southwest Regional Manager 27
Sep 29, 2014: Western issues large-scale renewable energy RFP for Dept. of Navy installations 28
Sep 17, 2014: Basin Electric set to begin construction after transmission line gets final federal approval 29
Aug 27, 2014: CRSP registers renewable energy certificates 30
Section 4 Appendix 31
About GlobalData 31
Contact Us 31
List of Tables
Western Area Power Administration, Key Facts 5
Western Area Power Administration, Key Employees 6
Western Area Power Administration, Key Employee Biographies 7
Western Area Power Administration, Key Operational Employees 8
Western Area Power Administration, Major Products and Services 9
Western Area Power Administration, History 10
Western Area Power Administration, Other Locations 13
Western Area Power Administration, Key Competitors 20
An Electronic PDF copy of this Report will be sent to you via email.
Please allow up to 2 business days for the reports to arrive to your mailbox as some of our publishers prefer to send you the reports directly.
Purchase this Report today
Report Licences Explanation
* Single User: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be used by individual purchaser only.
* Site License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared by unlimited users within one corporate location, e.g. a regional office.
* Enterprise Wide License: Electronic PDF copy delivered via email. Report can be shared globally by unlimited users within the purchasing corporation e.g. all employees of a single company.
If you require a Site License or Enterprise Wide License please contact us to issue you an invoice.